Cross-stone commemorating Armenian Genocide to be set up in U.S. state of Colorado
YEREVAN, OCTOBER 1, ARMENPRESS: Cross-stone commemorating the Armenian Genocide will be set up in Denver city of U.S. State of Colorado, Executive Director of the Armenian Youth Foundation Alexander Ter-Hovakimyan told Armenpress.
“The idea of setting up a cross-stone occurred still in 2012, when I paid a working visit to the USA and was informed while speaking to our community representatives of Colorado that they have a similar wish,” said Alexander Ter-Hovakimyan.
Executive Director of the Armenian Youth Foundation noted that the official opening of the cross-stone will be held on April 24. He considered it noteworthy that Colorado’s state authority was among the first ones in the USA to adopt a declaration, announcing April 24 as Armenian Martyrs Day.
The cross-stone to be sent to Colorado is already ready; it is the copy of one of the ruined cross-stones of Jugha. There are such copies all over the world.
- US presidential candidate Bernie Sanders vows to acknowledge Armenian Genocide
- Famous American lawyer, friend of Armenian people Robert Morgenthau dies aged 99
- Italian MP promises to campaign for international recognition of Armenian Genocide
- Portugal’s statement on Armenian Genocide is an important step on path to international
recognition – Vahe Mkhitaryan
- Pashinyan slams Erdogan for “extreme hate speech”, “insult to Armenian people and humanity”
over April 24 remarks