Cross-stone commemorating Armenian Genocide to be set up in U.S. state of Colorado
YEREVAN, OCTOBER 1, ARMENPRESS: Cross-stone commemorating the Armenian Genocide will be set up in Denver city of U.S. State of Colorado, Executive Director of the Armenian Youth Foundation Alexander Ter-Hovakimyan told Armenpress.
“The idea of setting up a cross-stone occurred still in 2012, when I paid a working visit to the USA and was informed while speaking to our community representatives of Colorado that they have a similar wish,” said Alexander Ter-Hovakimyan.
Executive Director of the Armenian Youth Foundation noted that the official opening of the cross-stone will be held on April 24. He considered it noteworthy that Colorado’s state authority was among the first ones in the USA to adopt a declaration, announcing April 24 as Armenian Martyrs Day.
The cross-stone to be sent to Colorado is already ready; it is the copy of one of the ruined cross-stones of Jugha. There are such copies all over the world.
- Cypriot defense minister honors Armenian Genocide victims at Yerevan memorial
- Armenia views recognition and condemnation of Genocide in context of ensuring global security,
- Pashinyan assesses Macron’s declaration of April 24 a "national day of commemoration of the
Armenian genocide" a powerful demonstration of solidarity
- ‘President is fulfilling his well-known pledge’ – French foreign ministry on declaring National Day
of Armenian Genocide Commemoration
- Unsurprisingly, Turkey lambastes Macron for declaring April 24 Armenian Genocide