Azerbaijani side stopped firing at villages of Armenia's Tavush only in morning
YEREVAN, AUGUST 1, ARMENPRESS. The Azerbaijani side has again violated the ceasefire regime in the night targeting the border villages of the Tavush Province of the Republic of Armenia. The communities suffered material damage due to this, but, fortunately, no human casualties have been recorded. In a conversation with “Armenpress”, the Press Spokesman of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia Artzrun Hovhannisyan stated that the rival’s shooting was mainly felt in the regions located close to the military positions. Among other things, the Press Spokesman of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia Artzrun Hovhannisyan underscored: “Shooting was heard almost in all the border villages. The Armenian side opened responding fire in some parts.”
According to the Governor of the Voskepar community of Tavush Yervand Yeganyan, the rival began shooting starting from 19:00 of the evening and continued firing until 06:00.
The Governor of Barekamavan Gagik Abgaryan approved that shooting was heard in the village, notwithstanding, Abgaryan noted that no substantial damage was caused. Only the external walls of the houses were damaged.
- Border tension dropped significantly after Pashinyan-Aliyev agreement in Tajikistan, says
caretaker defense minister
- No POWs in Armenia or Artsakh, says caretaker defense minister Davit Tonoyan
- Anti-Armenian phrasing removed from PACE draft resolution
- Tension significantly decreases in Artsakh frontline – President’s adviser
- Holding parades and completing combat missions ain’t the same, says Armenian army chief on
Baku military display