Hot battles continue in surrounding of Samra village
YEREVAN, MARCH 27, ARMENPRESS: The Syrian air forces bomb the surroundings of Nabaa Bar and Maabar villages and Kesab along the Turkish-Syrian border. Armenpress reports citing the Syrian SANA agency that the Army managed to liberate the kidnapped people from Kharba Sulas village of Latakia. The source also informed that the Army carries out attack to the gathering places of the armed people in Beit Iblak, Kantara, Jabal villages of Latakia.
“Al Jazeera” informes that the Syrian army continues to bomb the areas being under control of the armed people in Latakia. In particular, hot battles are ongoing in the surrounding of Samra village. The source informs that the Syrian forces use warplanes and helicopters, as well as heavy artillery.
- Armenian PM names next defense minister
- Armenia, Lebanon presidents concur on need to find peaceful solution for Middle East crises
- Armenian diplomats continue presenting Armenian products at Damascus exhibition
- Assad declares about readiness to hold parliamentary elections
According to Yushchenko, Assad is ready to hold parliamentary elections "on the basis of all political forces that want Syria’s prosperity."
- Armenian-populated Aleppo appears in darkness for several days
The electricity and water supply has been suspended in the Armenian-populated Aleppo for several days.