An Armenian injured due to Damascus shelling
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 23, ARMENPRESS: A shelling orchestrated in Syrian capital Damascus left more than two hundred victims, an Armenian inclusive on February 21 . Young Armenian Ara Halagyan has been injured; Syrian Armenian Nazaret Elmagyan told Armenpress. In the words of Elmagyan, the young man was immediately taken to hospital, fortunately currently his condition is stable and his life is out of danger. Three clashes were held in Damascus on February 23 which resulted in the death of 53 people, 235 people were wounded.
arabic.rt.com web site reports one of the clashes was hosted in the nearby territory of Baas party building in Saba Bahrat square, the second was in Rukn ad Din and the third in Brze district. Syrian SANA agency informs security forces succeeded to prevent another explosion. The terrorist was arrested; one ton blast device deployed in a car over was neutralized.
According to UN data over 70 thousand people were killed during 23 months lasting clashes in Syria, including four dozen Armenians.
- Armenian diplomatic representatives in Syria work on heightened mode
- Armenian families transported from Syria’s Tell Abyad to Aleppo are in safe conditions
- Dozens of Armenian families living in Syria moved to safe regions – Embassy releases details
- Armenian de-miners and doctors continue humanitarian mission in Syria
- 1st humanitarian group of Armenian specialists successfully completes mission in Syria