An Armenian kidnapped in Aleppo
YEREVAN, DECEMBER 20, ARMENPRESS. An Armenian has been kidnapped in Aleppo few days ago. Press Secretary of the Armenian Prelacy in Aleppo Jirayr Reisian informed "Armenpress" about this. In addition he said that the kidnapped Armenian is Shahe Chaghlasian. According to him the kidnappers demand ransom to set free Chaghlasian. It's certain that he was kidnapped in his own car in Shkeyf region, Aleppo. They spare no efforts to release him.
As per the current situation in Aleppo, Reisian said that nothing essential changed. From time to time one can hear shooting and bombing, notwithstanding all-in-all situation in the city is relatively calm. The most crucial problems refer to the domestic needs of the citizens.
The situation in the capital Damascus is still intense particularly in Yamruk region. In accordance with the information of the Arabian mass media in three days about two thousand men crossed the border with Lebanon.
Clashes in Syria lasting about 21 months caused death of about 40 thousand people.
- Armenian diplomatic representatives in Syria work on heightened mode
- Armenian families transported from Syria’s Tell Abyad to Aleppo are in safe conditions
- Dozens of Armenian families living in Syria moved to safe regions – Embassy releases details
- Armenian de-miners and doctors continue humanitarian mission in Syria
- 1st humanitarian group of Armenian specialists successfully completes mission in Syria