Armenian-Iranian ties have great future: IRI Ambassador Reisi
YEREVAN, DECEMBER 18, ARMENPRESS. Ancient fraternal relations of the Republic of Armenia and Islamic Republic of Iran are based upon mutual respect and have great prospects of future development in economic, political, and cultural spheres. "Armenpress" introduces interview with Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Iran to Armenia Mohammad Reisi dedicated to the present and future relations of the two countries, Iran’s position regarding the Nagorno Karabakh issue, and Iran’s efforts for the regulation of the Syrian crisis.
- Honorary Mr. Ambassador, how would You characterize the relations of Armenia and Iran and their peculiarities? What is Your assessment of the development of Armenian-Iranian political dialogue?
- There are no limitations for the development of the relations of the two countries. The Presidents and other higher officials of Armenia and Iran always have been in touch with each other. As well as we have witnessed many times reciprocal visits of Armenian and Iranian delegations. The authorities of Armenia and Iran strive to develop relation in the whole spheres. The relations and cooperation of the two countries have brilliant prospects for future development and target establishment of peace and stability in the region.
- What regional role plays Armenia for Iran?
- For Iran Armenia is a friendly neighboring country and Iran cherishes particular respect towards Armenia. Armenia is of an essential importance for Iran and vice versa Iran is of an essential importance for Armenia. Fraternal relations of the two countries have historical roots. Armenia is the sole Christian country neighboring Iran and fraternal relations always prevailed in our ties. Iran has established good relations with all countries of the South Caucasus. By all means, relations of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Republic of Armenia can serve as a good example for other countries of relations of Christian and Muslim states.
- Regulation of Nagorno Karabakh conflict is of a certain importance in South Caucasus. What is Iran’s position regarding the present stage of the negotiation procedures and the principles of its regulation?
- As an important and influential country in the region the Islamic Republic of Iran always directed its efforts towards the establishment of fraternal relation between countries, and stability, security, and peace in the region. The Islamic Republic of Iran always supported peaceful solution of conflicts and contradictions in the region, and always warned about the interference of external powers. The conviction of the Islamic Republic of Iran is that regional problems have regional solutions, and they can be solved via support and like-mindedness of the countries of the region. The Islamic Republic of Iran supports the regulation of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict via peaceful negotiations based upon "the principles of international law" and this position did not change.(THE FULL VERSION OF THE INTERVIEW IS AVAILABLE IN ARMENIAN)