An Armenian woman killed in Aleppo
YEREVAN, DECEMBER 3, ARMENPRESS: Armenian Mariet Toshoghlanyan -Pachekyan has been killed by accidental bullet in Aleppo Telefon Hauyae district. The overall situation in the central districts of Syrian second city is relatively quiet, voices of shots and bombings are mainly heard in the suburbs, Aleppo Berio National Primacy press secretary Jirayr Reisyan told Armenpress.
In the words of the interlocutor the situation in Armenian New Village district is quieter during last two days, yet the shelling is continuing in district's nearby Bustan Basha. According to Reisyan the risk of the sniper still exits and surprises can be expected at any time. Clashes are being orchestrated on the road to Aleppo airport. As press secretary stated electricity cut-offs have become more frequent in Aleppo. It is known the telephone and internet have been restored in Syria. According to Reisyan difficulties and troubles people are facing have become more stricter.
Syrian Armenians Emergency body agency member Raffi Avetisyan informed Middle East based Free Armenian portal according to current data over 40 Armenians have become victims and 66 people were killed in the course of Syria's conflict started 20 months ago left 40. There are also 7 kidnapped Armenians and two missing servicemen. 200 residencies have been damaged.
- Armenian diplomatic representatives in Syria work on heightened mode
- Armenian families transported from Syria’s Tell Abyad to Aleppo are in safe conditions
- Dozens of Armenian families living in Syria moved to safe regions – Embassy releases details
- Armenian de-miners and doctors continue humanitarian mission in Syria
- 1st humanitarian group of Armenian specialists successfully completes mission in Syria