The clashes in Armenian populated districts of Aleppo are not directed against Armenians
“Only after this tension we can talk with Armenians. Though these attacks are not directed against Armenians but clashes can be difficult for Armenians too” mentioned Reisyan. He said that there is not any direct damage to Armenian institutions and churches. He also rejected the rumors about the fact that Saint Gevorg Armenian Church had stopped operating.
According to Syrian centre of Human Rights Defense Organization the ongoing clashes have resulted in the death of over 19000 people. By the info of Arab mass media more than 12000 were peaceful civilians, while more than 5000 were security officers. Among the victims there were 7 Armenians, 2 of which were the Syrian Army militaries. Because of lasting disturbances in Syria a number of people are leaving the country, getting refugee status in other countries. Recently Syrian Armenian Community representatives are also quitting the state. The applications submitted from Syria by our compatriots are being envisaged by accelerated procedure, at least within ten days.
- Armenian diplomatic representatives in Syria work on heightened mode
- Armenian families transported from Syria’s Tell Abyad to Aleppo are in safe conditions
- Dozens of Armenian families living in Syria moved to safe regions – Embassy releases details
- Armenian de-miners and doctors continue humanitarian mission in Syria
- 1st humanitarian group of Armenian specialists successfully completes mission in Syria