French publicist considers denial dirt of spirit
YEREVAN, JANUARY 24, ARMENPRESS: By passing of the Armenian Bill, it will be easier for Turks to turn the page of the history, French publicist, scientist Bernard-Henri Lévy said in an interview with Nouvelles d'Armenie, Armenpress reports.
"The memory of that horror can only impede self-recognition and shaping the own destiny," Bernard-Henri Lévy said, stressing that a larger number of intellectuals, journalists and just ordinary people already understand this in Turkey, but they are still a minority.
The intellectual expressed confidence that the passing of the bill cannot impede historians in their work in any way, just that work will be already without dirt. "Actually denial is dirt of spirit," the publicist underlined.
- Garo Paylan urges Turkish parliament to hold parliamentary discussion on Armenian Genocide
- France is going to contribute to recognition of Armenian Genocide as a crime against humanity -
PM Édouard Philippe
- President of Argentina addresses Armenian community on April 24
- Armenian Ambassador to China is confident his generation will see the international recognition
- Knesset lawmakers call on Israel to recognize Armenian Genocide