Armenian, Russian FMs agree peace has no alternative in the region
YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 11, ARMENPRESS. Foreign Minister of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov have the same opinion on the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict according to which peace has not alternative in the region.
“I highly appreciated the efforts of Russia, together with the remaining OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair countries, aimed at peacefully settling the NK conflict. The Artsakh issue relates to the exercise of rights of our compatriots living in their historical homeland. As a guarantor of Artsakh’s security we are committed to ensure such an environment for the peaceful settlement which will respect the exercise of rights of the Artsakh people without any restriction and enforcement. We agree with my counterpart that there is no alternative to peace in our region”, the Armenian FM said at a joint press conference with the Russian FM in Yerevan.
In his turn Sergey Lavrov said Russia is ready to continue making efforts for the settlement of the NK conflict within the OSCE Minsk Group.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov arrived in Armenia on an official visit on November 10-11. He already met with Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Armenian, Dutch FMs discuss peaceful settlement process of NK conflict in Yerevan
- There is certain progress in settlement of NK conflict – Russian foreign ministry
- Armenian MFA comments on Azerbaijani FM’s statement
- They intruded into houses, tortured and killed – gazeta.ru refers to Baku pogroms
- NK conflict settlement to be among priorities of Albania’s OSCE Chairmanship in 2020