Knesset lawmakers call on Israel to recognize Armenian Genocide
YEREVAN, APRIL 24, ARMENPRESS. Yair Lapid, Member of Parliament (Knesset) of Israel, Yesh Atid party chairman, called on the Israeli leadership to recognize the Armenian Genocide.
“The time has come for Israel to officially recognize the genocide of the Armenian people and stop giving in to Turkish pressure. We have a moral and historic responsibility to remember the genocide and to stand behind ‘never again,’” he said on Twitter as quoted by The Jerusalem Post.
Yair Lapid informed that he plans to re-propose his bill to recognize the Armenian Genocide and expressed hope the coalition will support it.
Meretz party member, Knesset lawmaker Mossi Raz also tweeted, noting: “Today we mark the holocaust of the Armenian people. The time has come for Israel to officially recognize the Armenian genocide”.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Francophonie Parliamentary Assembly delegates visit Armenian Genocide memorial in Yerevan
- Armenian MP expresses gratitude to Latvia for recognition of Genocide
- Caretaker FM on Biden’s recognition of Armenian Genocide
- ‘Our wish is to keep alive the memory of Armenian Genocide victims’ – Argentine Security
- French Senate president says OSCE Minsk Group needs new momentum