SIMULATION – SHANT 2018 drills: Military presents ongoing scenario
YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 12, ARMENPRESS. Chief of the General Staff of the Armenian Armed Forces Artak Davtyan has presented the scenario of the SHANT 2018 ongoing military drills on September 12.
He said that under the scenario the situation has escalated and Azerbaijan, with active support of Turkey, is trying to solve the NK conflict militarily. Along with infiltration attempts of enemy recon groups and combat operations, Azerbaijan is bombarding settlements, there are casualties and injured. Armenian Armed Forces are suppressing enemy firing positions by tactical actions, according to the scenario.
According to the scenario, 400 refugees have crossed into Armenia from Turkish territory.
He said that the scenario also envisages a Cabinet meeting soon.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
- SHANT 2018: Results of exercises summed up
- SHANT 2018: Culture ministry drills evacuation of museum valuables under wartime scenario
- SHANT 2018: Emergency personnel drill air raid scenario
- SHANT 2018: Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan visits information, combat command centers
- SHANT 2018: Defense ministry briefs foreign military attaches