Greek parliamentarians visit Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 30, ARMENPRESS. The delegation of the Parliament of Greece led by Chair of the Greek-Armenian Friendship Group Dimitrios Markopoulos visited today the Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan on the sidelines of their working visit in Armenia, the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute reports.
The Greek delegation was accompanied by chair of the Armenian parliamentary standing committee on European integration affairs Arman Yeghoyan.
Director of the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute Harutyun Marutyan welcomed the guests and introduced the history of the creation of the Memorial.
The Greek parliamentarians laid flowers at the Eternal Flame and paid tribute to the memory of the innocent victims with a moment of silence. They also toured the Museum, got acquainted with the exhibits. At the end of the visit MP Dimitrios Markopoulos left a note at the Honorary Guest Book.
Editing and Translating by Aneta Harutyunyan
- Francophonie Parliamentary Assembly delegates visit Armenian Genocide memorial in Yerevan
- Armenian MP expresses gratitude to Latvia for recognition of Genocide
- Caretaker FM on Biden’s recognition of Armenian Genocide
- ‘Our wish is to keep alive the memory of Armenian Genocide victims’ – Argentine Security
- French Senate president says OSCE Minsk Group needs new momentum