$100 dollars for each beheaded infidel: Shocking testimony of detained Syrian mercenary in Artsakh
YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 1, ARMENPRESS. The second Syrian militant who was captured by the Artsakh Defense Army most recently is identified as Yusuf Alaabet al Haj, born 1988, in the village of Ziyadiya of Syria's Idlib. He was fighting as a mercenary for Azerbaijan.
Defense Ministry spokesperson Shushan Stepanyan released a video from the questioning.
“According to the militant, he was promised a monthly 2000 dollar payment for fighting against “kafirs” in Artsakh, and an extra 100 dollar for each beheaded “kafir”, Stepanyan said.
Kafir is an Arabic term meaning infidel.
Editing and Translating by Stepan Kocharyan
- Azerbaijan must immediately release Armenian POWS – French Senate president
- MP Marukyan applies to CoE Committee for Prevention of Torture over Armenian captives in
- Agreements on NK conflict settlement holding at current point – Pentagon
- ICRC to increase presence in Nagorno Karabakh
- Yerevan city council provides 100,000,000 drams to Stepanakert