Ex-lawmaker who joined Artsakh military amid Azeri attack killed in action
YEREVAN, OCTOBER 23, ARMENPRESS. Former lawmaker Davit Matevosyan, who joined the Artsakh military amid the Azeri attacks, has been killed in action, his daughter announced on social media.
“My father, who dedicated his life for building the free and happy Armenia, has died for Armenia,” Hermine Matevosyan said.
Davit Matevosyan was 60 years old.
He served in the Armenian parliament as a nonpartisan lawmaker from the Hanrapetutyun (Republic) faction in the mid-1990s.
Editing and Translating by Stepan Kocharyan
- MP Marukyan applies to CoE Committee for Prevention of Torture over Armenian captives in
- Agreements on NK conflict settlement holding at current point – Pentagon
- ICRC to increase presence in Nagorno Karabakh
- Yerevan city council provides 100,000,000 drams to Stepanakert
- EU highlights resuming negotiations over status of Nagorno Karabakh