Armenian Genocide resolution put to vote in Syrian Parliament
DAMASCUS, FEBRUARY 13, ARMENPRESS. The Syrian Parliament will debate and put up for vote a resolution recognizing and condemning the Armenian Genocide, Secretary of the Syrian Parliament Rami Saleh said.
According to Gandzasar Weekly, the agenda will include a resolution recognizing and condemning the Armenian Genocide and other representatives of the Syrian nation by the Turkish government in the Ottoman Empire in the 20th century. The resolution has been introduced by the Syria-Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Commission.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
- Greek parliamentarians visit Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
- Francophonie Parliamentary Assembly delegates visit Armenian Genocide memorial in Yerevan
- Armenian MP expresses gratitude to Latvia for recognition of Genocide
- Caretaker FM on Biden’s recognition of Armenian Genocide
- ‘Our wish is to keep alive the memory of Armenian Genocide victims’ – Argentine Security