Gor Sujyan to introduce a universal song for "Eurovision 2013"10:52, 11 February, 2013
YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 11, ARMENPRESS. Armenian rock singer, lead singer of the Armenian rock band Dorians Gor Sujyan will represent Armenia at the Eurovision 2013, which is due to be held in Malmö, Sweden. The song will be selected through a national final held on 2 March 2013. The singer has already participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2010 as a backing vocalist of Eva Rivas. "Armenpress" had a conversation with Gor Sujyan regarding the details of the Armenian participation in the “Eurovision” song contest.
- Your statements in 2012 made an impression that "Eurovision" was a closed topic for rock band "Dorians", what was Your reaction, when You learnt that You had been chosen to introduce Armenia in the contest?
- Last year we expressed a wish to participate in "Eurovision 2012", but this time it was the Public Television to choose us for the contest. We did not turn it down, as it was quiet natural that we also had a wish to participate in the song contest. We came together and held discussion regarding this issue and afterwards we agreed to introduce Armenia.
- What preparatory procedures are You presently involved in?
- We are working over the song to be introduced to national election before the deadline of March 2. We shall represent four or three songs which will be in the "Dorians" style. To my opinion listening to us the people understood that rock is something relative. No song will be chosen which will not comply with our style. It seems to me that it will be beneficent neither for us, nor to the country if we lose our face.
- How would You briefly characterize what You are going to do to bring "Eurovision 2014" to Armenia?
- We are willing to struggle and to complete our mission and job properly. The rest, in my opinion, depends upon good luck and destiny… Nothing is for sure, our purpose is neither to win, nor to lose there, we are going to do our best as artists. (THE FULL VERSION OF THE INTERVIEW IS AVAILABLE IN ARMENIAN)
Interview by Tatevik Grigoryan
Photos by Arev Grigoryan
Viewed 3848 times